FREE Video - Foundation Paper Piecing Basics by Amanda Rolfe
We get thousands of quilters coming to FQP looking to learn new techniques, and today's video tutorial is one we're sure you'll want to add to your repertoire! Amanda Rolfe of Three and Three-Quarters demonstrates the basics of foundation paper piecing with this block tutorial video. More from Amanda:
"Here's my down-to-earth tutorial demonstrating the basics of Foundation Paper Piecing. This is the method I was taught and find the easiest to use. However, there are plenty of other ways Foundation Paper Piecing can be done! These preferences will (and do!) vary from quilter to quilter!"
These are the basics tools you'll need to complete this block -
- Paper Pattern | You're more than welcome to use the pattern I drew up for this tutorial! Flickr Pattern File Download
- Cutting Mat and Ruler | Ensure your ruler has a marked 1/4" line in from the edge.
- 28mm Rotary Blade or similar
- Clover Tracing Wheel (with serrated edges) or similar
- Clover Seam (or Finger) Presser
- Paper Glue
- Quilter's pins
- Thread scissors
- Threaded Sewing Machine | I use a Brother Innovis 200QE
- Favourite fabrics
By the way, you should pop by her website (linked below), not just for her wonderful tutorials, also be sure to check out the snow! Nice of her to provide that for us even though it's Summer in Australia!
Skill Level: Beginner
Visit the Website: Three and Three Quarters
More Free Projects: Tutorials
Do you like this tutorial?
What do you think of this block?