Materials List for Pat Sloan's Secret Garden BOM
Below you will find some goodies!
Hi I’m Designer, Author, Radio host Pat Sloan, thank you for joining me for this year for my Mystery Quilt hosted by FreeQuiltPatterns.info!
This is my third year hosting the online mystery and we have a lot of quilters from around the world sewing with us. The sharing goes on in my Facebook Classroom ‘Quilt With Pat Sloan’ where I have over 50,000 quilters, and I add hundreds of people each week.
What is it all about?
My mystery this year is called “My Secret Garden”. Be sure to watch the video below!
• This is a 10 month Mystery Block of the Month (BOM) where you will make a 68” x 86” Quilt.
• There are 12 blocks to make in the 10 months, plus the final setting.
• Every month I'll share something about a Garden. It might be a famous garden, or certain flowers, or ...mmm.. you'll have to check in each month to find out!
• A new block is released around the first of each month from January to October to 2016. In November we rally to finish the top!
• For each Video in 2016 I'll share a tip or trick for better quilt making to help you improve your skills! If there is something in particular you really want to learn about, leave me a comment below.
Fabrics for the 2016 Secret Garden BOM
• Colorway 1- Moda’s line “Mon Ami”, some Moda Grunge and a few Pieces of “Varsity” in Navy.
• Colorway 2 - with my Moda Line “Hometown Girl”. My new fabric can be pre-ordered at many shops and it is due to stores in Feb 2016.
Visit Pat's Mystery Link for additional posts about the BOM all year long!
List of Pat Sloan Mystery BOM Participating Shops Coming Soon!
I highly recommend that with dark/light quilts you prewash your fabric. I don't want any tears later when you wash that quilt and it runs blue onto white ..eep! The step of prewashing can be done quickly and then you are ready to rock and roll the first week in January when the first block is published.
We have a Flickr page for sharing photos. Click the link below to go to the group page and become a group member for free, then you will be able to upload pictures of your own materials selections and the blocks that you create throughout the BOM.
Click Here for the Flickr Group
If we have not met yet... it's super nice to know you!... Click here to learn about me.
You can find all the places I hang out at my home page, it's my name:
Do you like this Mystery BOM? If so, click the Like button below:
Are you ready to sew with me in 2016?? leave me a comment below, tell me what you do on vacation!!